The Eno Center for Transportation is an independent, non-partisan think-tank whose vision is for an American transportation system that fosters economic vitality and improves the quality of life for all. Our mission is to cultivate a creative and innovative workforce and to impact emerging issues for the nation’s multi-modal transportation system.
Eno seeks a motivated professional to serve as POLICY ANALYST to join its multi-modal research team. Eno’s core values include fostering personal and professional growth with a team of a diverse professionals in a cooperative environment.
The primary role of this position is to work on a team to help develop and execute policy research reports, commentary, and analyses for national, state, and local-level policy projects. Specific duties include:
Research and writing
- Writes, summarizes and edits research findings and analyses for papers, commentary, and other publications
- Works with public- and private-sector databases, constructs and manages data files
- Collects, compiles, and summarizes trends and policy developments to be incorporated into special presentations, as required
- Presents research and policy findings to audiences, in meetings or via the media
- Contributes to Eno Transportation Weekly and other Eno publications
- Generates new ideas that support strategic direction of Eno’s research portfolio
Network Building and Interaction
- Helps build and maintain network of policy and research partners
- Remains up-to-date on latest policy developments at the federal, state, and local levels in all areas of transportation and with public, private, and non-profit sectors
- Maintains relationships with peer staff at agencies, think tanks, and other organizations as required
The ideal candidate for this position would have at least a bachelor’s degree and experience in urban, regional, or transportation planning, economics, engineering, public policy, political science, logistics, or other relevant fields. S/he would have at least two years post graduate professional work experience in policy-oriented environment, or Master’s degree in related field with a demonstrated research experience and ability to do independent work.
The most competitive candidates would have strong organizational skills and bring an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude as well as high initiative. S/he would have a high level of creativity and attention to detail. Importantly, a competitive candidate would have a keen interest in transportation issues and a passion for Eno’s mission.
- Commitment to high-quality, impactful, relevant research
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
- A natural people-person and team player
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects simultaneously
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, and recent writing sample to Alisha Robinson (email@example.com). This position will remain open until filled.
Eno offers a generous benefit and leave package. The annual salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000.
The Eno Center for Transportation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination as required by law.
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. Your membership and donations helps support the independent analysis and research you depend on.
See What’s Coming Up at Eno
Visit our event page to see a list of current and past professional development programs, webinars, and more.