Location: Washington DC
Eno Center for Transportation – Overview
The Eno Center for Transportation (Eno) is an independent, non-profit transportation policy think-tank based in Washington, DC. As the nation’s leading impartial voice on transportation policy, Eno is deeply engaged with transportation leaders across the industry at the federal, state, and local levels. Eno has the unique role of being able to explore and move forward pragmatic and politically feasible solutions to some of the United States’ greatest transportation policy challenges.
Eno’s recent research and activities have included exploring sustainable ways to fund the U.S. surface transportation program, convening aviation stakeholders from across the board to discuss the significant issues in transportation policy, and analyzing major transportation events and legislation in Eno Transportation Weekly. Eno is also home premier leadership training resources for the U.S. transportation industry.
Senior Policy Analyst – Position Overview
The Eno Center for Transportation is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to join Eno’s policy research efforts. This multi-faceted position involves a primarily role in managing Eno research programs, and will also include assisting on other Eno projects, external communications, and outreach efforts. The Senior Policy Analyst will report to the Vice President of Policy and Finance.
Specific activities include:
70% – Manages and conducts short- and long-term research and policy projects
- Develops new research concepts, policy questions, and work plans for national, state, and local policy papers and reports
- Authors or co-authors policy reports and other analysis
- Identifies empirical trends and policy implications on specific topics as assigned, to be incorporated into working papers and published materials
- Writes, summarizes and edits research findings and analyses into narrative and/or graphic form to be incorporated into discussion papers, op-eds, surveys, testimony, and other publications or media inquiries
- Strategically seeds work with external authors and partners
- Provides overall project management including review and substantive editing
20% – Interacts regularly with external audiences, constituency groups, and other partners
- Helps build and maintain network of policy and research partners
- Remains up-to-date on latest policy developments at the federal, state, and local levels in all areas of transportation
- Maintains relationships with peer staff at government agencies, think tanks, and other organizations as required
- Meets with and briefs relevant external contacts on Eno programs and research as required
10% – Conducts and assists with presentations and communications activities
- Contributes to Eno Transportation Weekly and other Eno publications
- Presents research and policy findings to audiences, in public meetings or via the media
- Actively participates in planning meetings and listening sessions with partners and clients to develop report themes
- Represents Eno at select outside meetings or conferences
- Collects, compiles, and summarizes trends and policy developments to be incorporated into special presentations, as required
- Monitors, manages, and communicates frequently the process and progress of projects
- Master’s degree in urban, regional, or transportation planning, economics, engineering, public policy, political science, logistics, or other relevant fields required.
- At least four years post graduate professional work experience in policy-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated research experience and ability to do independent work required.
- Project management and team leadership experience preferred.
- Clear interest and enthusiasm in transportation, along with demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of relevant public policy issues required.
- Strong understanding of transportation policy, economics, and existing issues in the industry required.
- Commitment to quality work, clear and accessible writing, strong organization, high initiative, solid interpersonal and communications skills, eye for detail, creativity and design, mature judgment required.
- Ability to manage in a collaborative environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines required.
- Must be a team player that can collaborate well with others on joint writing assignments.
Eno offers a competitive benefits package. Salary will commensurate with experience.
This position will remain open until filled. Please submit cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to Alisha Robinson (email@example.com)
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. Your membership and donations helps support the independent analysis and research you depend on.
See What’s Coming Up at Eno
Visit our event page to see a list of current and past professional development programs, webinars, and more.