The Eno Center for Transportation is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that promotes policy innovation and leads professional development in transportation. As part of its mission, Eno seeks continuous improvement in transportation and its public and private leadership in order to increase the system’s mobility, safety, and sustainability.
Eno seeks an enthusiastic, experienced DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS to work with President/CEO and partner with a distinguished Board in all fundraising activities and collaborations. The position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to lead the development activities of an established yet nimble organization. The position would build on an existing development strategy with the ability to shape the future direction. Eno’s core values include fostering personal and professional growth with a team of a diverse professionals in a cooperative environment.
The Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships (the Director) is responsible for securing the relationships and funds needed to execute programs, events, and initiatives that further the mission of Eno. The Director plans, manages, and implements fundraising projects, campaigns and appeals. S/he also manages and identifies opportunities for beneficial partnerships/collaborations with similar organizations to further the mission of Eno.
- Collaborates directly with President/CEO to develop and implement new fundraising strategies
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with potential funders and solicits funds; writes letters of inquiry and proposals, follows up on proposals, and provides stewardship with foundation and institutional philanthropy contacts and individual donors
- Works with President/CEO to communicate directly with Eno’s Board of Directors and achieve mutual fundraising goals. Functions as lead staff liaison to Board’s Development Committee
- Identifies and manages institutional relationships and agreements that further the mission of Eno and the transportation industry.
- Helps oversee organization of special events, such as Eno’s annual fundraising dinner
- Manages reporting and milestones for contracted work
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit package.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a bachelor’s degree and progressive experience in fundraising for a not-for-profit organization, or similar. S/he would have excellent in organizational, managerial, and communication skills (written and oral), and bring an enthusiastic and positive attitude as well as high initiative. S/he would have mature judgement and the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed without supervision. S/he he would have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business acumen.
- Ability to think and plan strategically in the context of organizational goals
- Organized and attentive to details
- Interest in transportation issues, passion for Eno’s mission
- Professionalism and enthusiasm
- A natural people-person
- A team player with leadership qualities
- Calm and unflappable problem-solver
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects simultaneously
- Ability to recognize opportunities and proactively pursue them
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- An unassailable sense of judgment and integrity
Please send a resume/CV and cover letter to Alisha Robinson (email@example.com). This position will remain open until filled.
The Eno Center for Transportation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. Your membership and donations helps support the independent analysis and research you depend on.
See What’s Coming Up at Eno
Visit our event page to see a list of current and past professional development programs, webinars, and more.