Location: Washington, DC
Eno Center for Transportation – Overview
The Eno Center for Transportation (Eno) is an independent, non-profit transportation policy think-tank based in Washington, DC. As the nation’s leading impartial voice on transportation policy, Eno is deeply engaged with transportation leaders across the industry at the federal, state, and local levels. Eno has the unique role of being able to explore and move forward pragmatic and politically feasible solutions to some of the United States’ greatest transportation policy challenges.
Eno’s recent research and activities have included exploring sustainable ways to fund the U.S. surface transportation program, convening aviation stakeholders from across the board to discuss the significant issues in transportation policy, and analyzing major transportation events and legislation in Eno Transportation Weekly. Eno is also home premier leadership training resources for the U.S. transportation industry.
Communications Specialist and Assistant Editor, Eno Transportation Weekly Position Overview:
The Eno Center for Transportation is seeking a Communication Specialist and Assistant Editor for Eno Transportation Weekly (ETW), a weekly inside-the-beltway trade publication. This multi-faceted position involves a primarily focus on assisting with the creation and managing content for ETW, but will also include business development activities as well as some assisting with Eno’s communication and outreach efforts. The Communications Specialists and Assistant Editor will report to the ETW Editor and to the Vice President of Policy, and will provide support to all ETW activities.
Specific activities include:
60% – Researches, writes, and edits ETW articles
- Develops policy analysis for weekly publication across all modes of transportation
- Reviews and edits articles written by staff and external contributors
- Manages content to ensuring product reach and quality
- Works to continually improve product quality and ease of access
- Creates relationships with key government and private sector resources, experts, and other stakeholders
30% – Manages the business development of ETW
- Manages distribution lists and subscribers
- Finds new markets for ETW subscribers and Eno members
- Expands ETW subscriber base
- Maintains relationships with existing subscribers
10% – Conducts and assists with presentations and communications activities
- Helps with the Eno communications team
- Develops new tools and outreach efforts
- Bachelors degree in public policy, engineering, urban planning, political science, journalism or related field required (Masters degree preferred)
- At least two years of post graduate professional work experience in policy-oriented environment required.
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to do independent work strongly preferred.
- Clear interest and enthusiasm in transportation, along with demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of relevant public policy issues required.
- Commitment to quality work, clear and accessible writing, strong organization, high initiative, solid interpersonal and communications skills, eye for detail, creativity and design, mature judgment.
- Ability to work in an environment with tight deadlines required.
- Must be a team player who can collaborate well with others on joint writing assignments.
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Eno offers a competitive benefits package.
This position will remain open until filled. Please submit cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to Alisha Robinson (email@example.com)
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. Your membership and donations helps support the independent analysis and research you depend on.
See What’s Coming Up at Eno
Visit our event page to see a list of current and past professional development programs, webinars, and more.