The Eno Center for Transportation’s Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership throughout their career in the transportation industry. Despite facing challenging circumstances, the recipient has demonstrated notable accomplishments and has relentlessly pursued these achievements on behalf of the public interest. Most notably, contributions throughout their career – in both theory and practice – have changed the transportation industry for the better.
Former Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients:
- Former Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Jane Garvey (2017)
- Former Deputy Secretary and Chief Operating Officer of the U.S. Department of Transportation Mortimer Downey (2016)
- Former Chief Operating Officer of AECOM Jane Chmielinski (2015)
- Former Chairman and CEO of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority Peter Stangl (2014)
- Former President, Chairman and CEO of Norfolk Southern David Goode (2013)
- Former Massachusetts Secretary of Transportation Fred Salvucci (2012)
- Former President of the American Public Transportation Association William Millar (2011)
- Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta (2010)
From left to right: James Burnley, Venable; Robert Prince, Gannon Consult; Jane Garvey, Meridiam; Martin Wachs, UCLA; Gregory Kelly, WSP; John Porcari, WSP; Robert Puentes, Eno Center for Transportation
The winner will be required to accept the award at the Future Leaders Development Conference (LDC) dinner in May 2018 in Washington, DC. The Eno Board of Directors will consider all qualified candidates and select the winner.
Nominators are asked to support LDC on behalf of the person nominated. This can be a personal or corporate donation, and the scholarship(s) will be named in the awardee’s honor. Contribution is voluntary and all nominations will be considered, with or without pledges of financial support.
- Nominations should consist of a letter (no more than two pages) indicating how the nominee meets the criteria
- Provide name, title, organization/affiliation, and the contact information of the candidate
- Provide the name, title, organization/affiliation, and contact information of the person submitting the nomination
- Pledge financial support for students participating in LDC 2018 (voluntary)
- Use email subject line “LDC 2018”
- Email nominations to email@example.com or mail to Alisha Robinson, Eno Center for Transportation, 1629 K Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. Your membership and donations helps support the independent analysis and research you depend on.
See What’s Coming Up at Eno
Visit our event page to see a list of current and past professional development programs, webinars, and more.