Eno Announces 2018 Transit Senior Executive Program Roster and Speakers
February 24, 2018|Carolyn Dorf
February 22, 2018
The Eno Center for Transportation is pleased to announce the class and speaker lineup for the 2018 Transit Senior Executive Program (TSE). The program will be held March 4-9, 2018 in Washington, DC. The TSE Program is a year-long leadership development course centered around an intensive week-long seminar, always held in Washington, DC. Now in its 15th year with over 500 alumni, this selective program’s goal continues to be developing the next generation of public and private transit organization CEOs. Participants hear from distinguished guest lecturers, develop their leadership skills, and build connections within the transit industry.
The core of the TSE Program is learning from distinguished guest lecturers who share their personal story, expertise, and leadership lessons. This year, students will hear from eighteen speakers, including thirteen current or former transit property general managers, as well as leaders from the private sector. Eno thanks these speakers for donating their time and expertise toward the next generation of public transportation executives! This year’ss speakers include:
- Lester Bryant, Board Secretary, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Dorval Carter, President, Chicago Transit Authority
- Flora Castillo, Board Member, NJ Transit
- Mortimer Downey, Former Deputy Secretary, United States DOT; former Executive Director, New York Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Katharine Eagan, CEO, Port Authority of Allegheny County
- Carolyn Flowers*, Senior VP, Americas Transit Practice Leader, AECOM
- Jeffery Gonneville*, Deputy General Manager, MBTA
- Ron Hartman, Vice President, North America, Network Rail Consulting
- Greg Kelly*, President and CEO, U.S., Central and South America, WSP USA
- Kenneth McDonald*, President and CEO, Long Beach Transit
- Jesse Oliver, Deputy Executive Director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Jerry Premo, former General Manager, NJ Transit; Board of Directors, Eno Center for Transportation
- Thomas Prendergast, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, STV, Inc.; former Chairman and CEO, Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Tina Quigley*, General Manager, Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
- Robert Schneider*, Executive Director, Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission
- Paul Skoutelas, President & CEO, APTA
- Phil Washington*, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Paul Wiedefeld, General Manager and CEO, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
*Speakers marked with an asterisk are TSE alumni.
Thirty-four students from across the country will participate in the 2018 class. Eno congratulates them on their acceptance to the Program, and welcomes them into the Eno network! This year’s students are:
- Salah Al-Tamimi, Chief Safety and Quality Assurance Officer, Sound Transit
- Debra Avila, Chief Vendor Contract Management Officer, LA Metro
- Jennifer Bergener, Director, Rail Programs & Facilities Engineering and Managing Director, LOSSAN, Orange County Transportation Authority
- Jody Bieze, Director, Kootenai County
- Anamaria Bonilla, Assistant Chief Engineer, Track and Structures, MTA Metro-North Railroad
- Tyler Bonstead, Vice President/Deputy Regional Manager, STV Inc.
- Candra Cheers, Operations Manager, Golden Empire Transit
- Tabitha Decker, Deputy Executive Director, TransitCenter
- Bobby Edwards, Director of Transportation, Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
- Darnell Grisby, Director of Policy Development and Research, APTA
- Moises Gutierrez, Deputy Executive Director, Design and Engineering, Sound Transit
- Gregory Hayes, Vice President of Finance/CFO, Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Chelsey Hohensee, Transportation Services Administrator, RI County Metropolitan MTD (MetroLINK)
- David Huffaker, Deputy Executive Director, Operations, Support Services, Sound Transit
- Todd Johnson, Deputy Chief Operating Officer for Service Performance, MBTA
- Chaya Koffman, Assistant Chief Counsel, Federal Transit Administration
- Brock LaForty, Vice President/Carolinas Area Manager, WSP USA
- Nathan Macek, Vice President and Director of Project Development & Finance, WSP USA
- Mark Mannix, Senior Director, Corporate & Public Affairs, MTA Metro-North Railroad
- Mark Norton, Superintendent, King County Metro Transit
- Anand Paluri, Vice President/NJ-Area Manager, WSP USA
- Lisa Patton, Executive Director & Vice President, Finance & Budget, Long Beach Transit
- Eileen Rodriguez, General Manager, M of E Asset Management, Budgets & Administration, MTA -Long Island Rail Road
- Christopher Rowland, Assistant Executive Director, JAUNT
- Shonda Shipman, Director of Finance, Whatcom Transportation Authority
- Mshadoni Smith, Transit Asset Management Program Manager, USDOT- Federal Transit Administration
- Don Strickland, Deputy Executive Director, Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority
- Paul Tyrell, Chief Civil Engineer, Senior Associate, STV Inc.
- Rosa Villarreal, Vice President of Transportation, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Amanda Wanke, Chief External Affairs Officer, Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
- Frank White III, Chief Marketing Officer, Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
- Kurt Wilkinson, Director, Safety Management Systems & Environmental Services, TriMet
- Andrew Wilson, Director of Insurance Programs, TriMet
- Nancy Young-Oliver, Director Budget & Grants Administration, TriMet
November 9, 2023 | Philip Plotch
November 8, 2023 - Transit agencies across the country are grappling with daunting operating budget shortfalls caused by the depletion...
July 21, 2023
July 21, 2023 - Sometimes it is the oldest of references that provide the most compelling insights into today’s pressing...
July 14, 2023 | Philip Plotch
July 14, 2023 - The retail landscape has rapidly changed due to the decline in transit ridership and a shift...
April 13, 2023 | Jeff Davis
April 13, 2023 - The November 1974 decision to provide federal operating subsidies for mass transit was the culmination of...
March 21, 2023 | Karen Price
March 22, 2023 - I am the daughter of Patience and mother of Joy, who both gifted me with virtues...
February 3, 2023 | Jeff Davis
February 1, 2023 - It is unusual for a politician to hold a large public event to celebrate a project...
January 20, 2023 | Jonathan Hammond
January 20, 2023 - Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is coming to cities across the globe. But what does MaaS...
January 6, 2023 | Philip Plotch
January 6, 2023 - This week, the Transportation Research Board released the “Practitioner’s Guide to Bus Operator Workforce Management” a...
November 4, 2022 | Robert Puentes, Jonathan Hammond
November 4, 2022 - On Election Day next week, voters in at least 21 states will decide on hundreds of...
November 4, 2022 | Garett Shrode
November 4, 2022 - Eno's analysis of the National Transit Database shows the size and scope of the looming mass...
October 28, 2022 | Philip Plotch
October 28, 2022 - Eno and the NYU Marron Institute have been trying to answer similar questions. Marron Institute has...
October 14, 2022 | Jonathan Hammond
October 14, 2022 - Hear ye, hear ye! As a direct result of passing the IIJA, the Federal Transit Administration...