The Eno Center for Transportation (Eno) is an independent, non-profit think-tank that promotes policy innovation and leads professional development in the transportation industry. Our mission is to shape public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and build a network of innovative transportation professionals. The leader in its field for a century, Eno provides government and industry leaders with timely research and an independent voice on policy issues, and through our learning programs, partners with transportation professionals to help them grow and advance their careers.
Our core values are: independence, collaboration, relevance, excellence, and entrepreneurialism. Eno publishes rigorous, objective analyses of the problems facing transportation, and provides ideas for a clear path toward possible solutions. Through its professional development programs, Eno cultivates creative and visionary leadership by giving public and private transportation leaders the tools and training they need to succeed. Eno can look back on a long and proud history as a thought leader in national transportation policy with legacy leadership development programs. We enjoy a truly unique position as the hub of a network of transportation industry leaders with smart and dedicated staff, and a solid reputation for credible, independent, and impactful work.
Program Assistant Internship – Position Overview
Eno is seeking a Program Assistant Intern to join its team. The Program Assistant Intern will report to a professional development program manager and work closely with the Chief Learning Officer to support Eno’s legacy leadership development programs.
Responsibilities can include, but aren’t limited to:
Professional Development Program Support
- Produce materials for professional development programs
- Manage pre-course assessment process
- Format and assemble materials
- Collaborate with team in thought leadership on marketing/messaging projects
- Assist with webinar prep and administration
- Provide event management support
- Update participant/alumni information in CRM database
- Collect program applications, maintain participant database, and manage calendar invites
- Manage student intake and assessment process
- Conduct research, proofread, and edit publications and documents as assigned
Administrative and Development Support
- Take notes and coordinate follow-up action items among the team at internal meetings
- Attend meetings for program planning, engagement, and execution
- Data entry related to adding and maintaining accurate participant/alumni information
- Organizing, tracking, and planning assistance with meetings, programs, and special events
- Prepare briefing memos for use by leadership and external audiences
- Assist with reviewing/updating program pages on the Eno website
- Assist with event planning and logistics for both in-person and virtual events
- Assist with managing social media outreach and member engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- A consummate professional in communication style, interpersonal skills, driving results
- Experience and/or education in communication, training, administration, or related fields
- Outgoing, passionate individual driven to help others achieve their highest potential
- Self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with strong written, verbal, and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possesses a “can do” and teachable attitude
- Dependable, flexible, with the ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite; database software experience desirable
- Organized and possess excellent follow-through skills
- Collaborative team player, powerful individual contributor, and able to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
The Program Assistant position:
- Requires flexibility to work remotely and/or in-person
- Access to a computer, reliable internet service and Microsoft Office required
- Runs for a period of three continuous (3) months
- Requires a 20-hour work week with flexible work scheduling (office hours 9a-5p EST)
- Pays $16.50 per hour
Eno Interns Gain:
- Experience working on creative, engaging, and challenging tasks and projects
- On-the-job (OJT) training and mentoring on multiple leadership levels by working with Eno’s staff and its membership network
- A broad perspective on the transportation industry and its impact
- Relevant real-world professional work experience aligned with academic and career goals
- Opportunity to cultivate relationships and expand professional network
- Opportunity to customize a professional work plan with specific learning objectives
- Experience in a nonprofit think-tank environment situated in the heart of our nation’s capital
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate, how the internship will help you reach your academic and/or career goals, and a resume to PDPsupport@enotrans.org with the subject line “Program Assistant Intern, 2023.”
Applications are due by 11:59 PM ET on February 15, 2023.
The Program Assistant Internship is supported by a generous donation from Jerry Premo and Peggy Catron.
Eno’s Commitment to Diversity
Eno believes that a diverse group of staff, board members, and partners (both formal and informal) from various racial, ethnic, political, and professional backgrounds helps to enhance and validate the quality and rigor of our research and policy work and inspire free and spirited exchange that draws upon a wide variety of views, thought, experience, and personal background. To guarantee such an environment, Eno is firmly committed to the promotion of diversity in all its dimensions. Internally, we cultivate a culture of inclusion that will make the Eno workplace a welcoming environment for all. This commitment to diversity extends to our external networks, advisors, and affiliates with whom Eno regularly interacts.
Statement on Vaccination, Testing, and Face Covering
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, communities, and the nation. Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or legally authorized exemption is required for all Eno Center for Transportation employees, regardless of office location or remote work. Selected candidates will be required to provide proof of full vaccination before beginning employment with Eno Center for Transportation. Full vaccination is defined as 2 weeks after the final does of the requisite vaccination.