Eno Center for Transportation – Overview
The Eno Center for Transportation (Eno) is a 96-year old, independent, non-profit transportation think-tank based in Washington, DC. Today, Eno is the only U.S. think tank focuses on all modes of transportation, with all levels of government, and among the public, private, and non-profit sectors. Eno has the unique role of being able to explore and move forward pragmatic and politically feasible solutions to some of the country’s greatest transportation challenges. Eno’s mission is to cultivate a creative and innovative workforce and to impact emerging issues for the nation’s multi-modal transportation system. Our core values are: objectivity, integrity, independence, quality, and relevance.
Archival Intern – Position Overview
The Eno Center for Transportation is seeking an Archival Intern to help to catalog almost 100 years of transportation history. Eno has collected a digital archive of documents, reports, audio and video recordings, etc. in our Eno Transportation Library (ETL). The archival intern will organize, catalogue, and tag materials in this library. This is an excellent opportunity for a history or library science major to work with original source material. The Archival Intern will report to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships. Responsibilities include:
- Tagging and categorizing materials in the digital ETL
- Writing descriptions of materials where needed
- Scanning and adding additional documents to ETL under the direction of the ETW editor
- Documenting the categorization and tag structure to provide a reference when adding future materials
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals with superior organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in WordPress, preferred
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. Your membership and donations helps support the independent analysis and research you depend on.
See What’s Coming Up at Eno
Visit our event page to see a list of current and past professional development programs, webinars, and more.