April 17, 2023|Jeff Davis
This is a 29-page PDF file digitized from documents in the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library showing the summary paperwork given to President Bush accompanying the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (H.R. 2950, 102d Congress) in December 1991.
Upon signature, ISTEA became Public Law 102-240.
Documents in the PDF file include:
- Office of Management and Budget bill summary and recommendations memo (8 pages).
- Department of Transportation bill summary and views letter (6 pages).
- Joint recommended signing statement (2 pages).
- Council of Economic Advisers views letter (1 page).
- National Transportation Safety Board views letter (1 page).
- Federal Emergency Management Agency views letter (1 page).
- Signing statement as released by the White House press office, December 18, 1991 (2 pages).
- Transcript of remarks at bill signing ceremony in Euless, Texas, December 18, 1991 (4 pages).
- Fact sheet on the bill released by the White House press office at the bill signing (4 pages).
Original documents in George H.W. Bush Presidential Records, Executive Clerk, White House Bill Files, OA 08336, Folder “1991-12-18 – H.R. 2950 – Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991,” George Bush Presidential Library, College Station, TX.