The Events and Program Associate is an indispensable member of the Eno Center for Transportation (Eno) staff. This staff member ensures Eno’s events are well-conceived and executed. The portfolio of events includes professional development programs, business dinners, board meetings, policy-focused meetings and events, and receptions. In addition, this position provides administrative and logistical support to our programs.
The Events and Program Associate reports to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships. The position is full-time, with occasional weekends and evenings required. In a typical year, the person in this position will travel up to 30% of their time. The position is full-time exempt with a salary range of $50,000 – $60,000 annually.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Event Coordination and Support (50%):
- Assist with visioning, planning and orchestrating events and programs that appeal to Eno’s audience. Design, in collaboration with the team, event themes, design, and structure.
- Communicate and coordinate all logistics which includes: the venue procurement process, menu selection and guarantees, audio visual RFP’s, event rentals, hotel room blocks, recruiting and confirming volunteers, videographer and photographer coordination, on-site event support, event data entry, and other event production elements
- Hire and contract outside vendors and purchase materials and equipment, as needed, to execute events.
- Maintain and update budgets for each event, in line with the organizational budget
- Create and manage application process for Eno’s professional development programs and registration for courses and events
- Perform event registration maintenance including responding to attendees’ questions, making registration changes, creating discount codes, and providing updates to the team
- Create event materials including handouts, signage, nametags, table tents, etc.
- Create a detailed event run of show to ensure staff, contractors, and speakers are prepared for the program or event
- Create and execute an event communication plan to share important event information and reminders with attendees
Track event-related data and analysis, including making recommendations on registration rules/parameters (early bird rates and dates, refund and exception policies, etc.)
- Lead event wrap-up meeting to discuss feedback and brainstorm ideas for improvement
- Provide scheduling and technical support for online events, including webinars
Program Support (50%):
- Compile evaluation feedback into a summary format for Eno’s programs and events
- Manage 360 review process for attendees of select Eno programs
- Process certification documentation and provide support to participants seeking CEUs
- Enter and update attendees, members, alumni, and other stakeholders in Eno’s CRM database to ensure data integrity
- Assist with individual donor and member stewardship including acknowledgement letters and emails
- Coordinate and communicate the logistics and scheduling of Eno Board meetings, including for the Directors, Advisors, and Regents. Take minutes during the meetings, as needed.
- Support the fundraising and grants management process
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the event planning process, from budgeting to post-event wrap-up;
- The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines;
- An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence;
- Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Superior interpersonal skills that enhance the ability to connect and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to be flexible and work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and evolving environment;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Experience using NeonCRM or other CRM (customer relationship management) systems;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time; and
- Carry boxes and equipment of up to 40 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience of events management, customer service, and/or program support experience
To express interest in the position, send cover letter and resume outlining your unique fit for the position. Please send your applications to Alisha Robinson at: ARobinson@enotrans.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Eno Center for Transportation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination as required by law.