Staff position, full time, exempt employee
$55,000 – $68,000 / year
Eno offers a generous benefit package
The position in based in Washington, DC
The Eno Center for Transportation (“Eno”) is an independent, non-partisan think-tank headquartered in Washington, D.C. Our mission is two-fold: shape public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and build a network of innovative transportation professionals. The leader in our field for a century, government and transportation leaders rely on Eno for timely research and an independent voice on policy issues; and trust us to deliver transformative, leading-edge learning experiences. Our policy work is credible, independent, and impactful. Our professional development programs are legacy: high-quality, well-respected, and in demand by transportation professionals. Since establishing our leadership training programs in 2003, Eno has instructed over 4500 leaders, many of whom are currently serving in helm positions in transportation. Our diverse team consists of talented, high-performing professionals in a collaborative environment.
The Events and Program Associate is an indispensable member of the Eno team. This team member ensures Eno’s events are well-conceived, planned, and executed. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in managing all aspects of an event or program from pre-planning, determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, on-site coordination, to post-event follow-up. The portfolio of events includes professional development programs, business dinners, board meetings, policy-focused meetings and events, and receptions. In addition, this position provides administrative and logistical support across all Eno programs.
The Events and Program Associate reports to the Chief Learning Officer. The position is full-time, with occasional weekends and evenings required, and offers a competitive benefits package. In a typical year this position will travel up to 35% of the time. The position is based in Washington, D.C., and is temporarily authorized for remote work, though some job responsibilities will require in-office presence.
The position is full-time, exempt, and at-will with a salary range of $55,000 – $68,000 annually commensurate with experience.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
General Events and Program Support (25%):
- Assist with designing, planning, and orchestrating events and programs that appeal to Eno’s various audiences.
- Communicate and coordinate all logistics to include: scout and inspect event venues, manage the venue procurement process, menu selection and room guarantees, audio visual/RFPs, event rentals, hotel room blocks and reservations, recruiting and confirming volunteers, videographer and photographer coordination, on-site event support, event data entry, and other event production responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer to hire and manage vendors, and purchase materials and equipment to execute events.
- Supervise, interface, and provide general direction to venue staff to ensure event runs smoothly and attendees’ experience is optimal
- Maintain, track, and update budgets for each event
- Perform event registration including responding to attendees’ questions, making registration changes, creating discount codes, and providing updates to the team
- Create event materials such as handouts, signage, PowerPoints, etc.
- Deliver excellent customer care: create/execute event communication plan; promptly respond to member and customer inquiries
- Track event data and analysis, including making recommendations
- Lead post-event debriefs with stakeholders; brainstorm and implement recommendations for improvement
- Provide scheduling and technical support for online programs
- Other duties as assigned
Direct Program Support (75%):
- Includes aspects of job responsibilities detailed in the preceding section
- Travel to and provide onsite support during program weeks
- Assist with updating Eno’s web portal and member resources
- Work with portfolio Program Managers to plan, coordinate and execute online training; facilitate web-based learning platforms
- Conduct research and analysis for program planning decision-making
- Compile evaluation feedback into a summary format for programs and events; assist with writing reports for high-level stakeholders
- Create and manage attendee enrollment process for Eno’s professional development programs
- Negotiate, track, and manage vendor contracts with confidence
- Manage leadership assessments (e.g., 360s) review process for select Eno programs
- Manage CEUs and certification process for program attendees
- Manage Eno’s CRM database to ensure data integrity:
- Support Eno’s event/program invoicing and accounts receivable function
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Serve as the consummate professional in dress and appearance, punctuality, communication, and knowledge of the event management field
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines
- Strong time management skills; attention to detail, and follow through
- Critical and creative thinking, and strong problem-solving skills
- An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence
- Ability to be a self-motivator, work independently; and take initiative
- Superior interpersonal skills that enhance the ability to connect and build relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and evolving environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with advanced writing, editing, and communication skills
- Knowledge of CRM (customer relationship management) systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to organization and program software
- Ability to work collaboratively and interdependently with others
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferably in Hospitality Management, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- Certification in Event Management or Meeting Planner preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience planning and executing events of varying sizes and complexity
- Demonstrated project management skills is strongly preferred
- Experience with managing program/event budgets
Essential Functions (Physical):
Applicants must be able to:
- Stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time during programs/events
- Lift or carry boxes and equipment up to 40 pounds
- Work a variety of hours/schedules to accommodate events
- Exercise manual dexterity and fine motor coordination
- Exercise visual-motor coordination
- Bend at the waist, kneel, reach (25% of job function)
To express interest in the position, send cover letter and resume outlining your unique fit for the position. Please send your applications to Alisha Robinson at: ARobinson@enotrans.org. Recruitment for this position is open until filled.
The Eno Center for Transportation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination as required by law.
Statement on Vaccination, Testing, and Face Covering:
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, communities, and the nation as a whole. Eno Center for Transportation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to protect themselves and other employees. In cases where vaccination may be contraindicated for medical necessity, employees may submit a request for reasonable accommodation. However, in any case, employees must comply with Eno’s employment policies and applicable federal, state and/or local laws which may include regular testing and face covering requirements.